This is to inform all the aspirants of the Federal University of Technology Owerri that FUTO Cut Off Mark For 2018/2019 Academic Session has been released by the management of the Federal University of Technology Owerri .
What Is Cut Off Mark
For those who don’t already know what cut off mark is; This session will explain what cut off mark is and why Universities use it for admission.
Cut off mark or Cut off Point is a minimum Mark required from candidates by a particular school (Universities, Polytechnics or Colleges of Education) in order for them to qualify or to participate in the School’s Post-UTME Screening exercise.
Or it can also be seen as the minimum point a student applying for admission must attain in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME or JAMB) and or Post-Utme/Screening Exercise in order to be considered for admission into a particular school.
FUTO JAMB Cut Off Mark (General Cut Off Mark)
FUTO JAMB Cut off mark is the minimum score required from candidates who applied for admission into the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO ).
Before candidates can qualify to sit for or write FUTO post-UTME exam, they are required to have passed the minimum JAMB Score set by the school.
Note: Currently, JAMB is yet to release Cut off mark that will be applicable to candidates who are applying for admission into the Federal University of Technology Owerri for 2018/2019.
During 2017/2018, JAMB Set Cut off mark across all Universities to 120, but we don’t expect it to be like that this year.
While we are awaiting the release of the cut off mark, Assume that FUTO JAMB Cut off Mark is 180 (To Be on the Safer Side).
All those who scored less than 180 (179,170,175,160,169, etc) are to note that the Federal University of Technology Owerri will not accept them for admission especially into the following departments:
This will only be true If Only the School Offers The Course Listed Above.
We are going to update this session’s cut off mark when it has been released by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
FUTO Departmental Cut Off Mark
Unlike JAMB Cut off Mark,FUTO Departmental Cut Mark is the minimum score required from candidates who participated in the FUTO Post-UTME Screening exercise in other for them to be considered for admission into the department they are applying to.
Candidates are to note that passing the Departmental cut off mark is not a straight ticket for admission. other factors are also considered.
Since the 2018/2019 Post-UTME Screening exercise is yet to be conducted, the departmental cut off mark for this year will not be available just yet.
However, the FUTO Departmental Cut off Mark for 2017/2018 (last year) can be used as a reference and we are going to update it below.
FUTO 2017/2018 Departmental Cut Off Mark
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off mark;
1. Electrical/Electronics Engineering 220
2. Mechanical Engineering 220
3. Futo cut off mark for Petroleum Engineering 210
4. Futo post utme cut off mark for Computer Science 210
5. Civil Engineering 210
6. Information Manag. Technology 210
7. Chemical Engineering 200
8. Optometry 200
9. Biochemistry 190
10. Dental Technology 180
11. Public Health Technology 180
12. Prosthesis & Orth. Technology 180
13. Project Manag. Technology 180
14. Ind. Microbiology 180
15. Geology 180
16. Material & Met. Engineering 180
17. Polymer & Textile Engineering 180
18. Agricultural Engineering 180
19. Food Science & Technology 180
20. Biotechnology 180
21. Agric Economics 180
22. Transport Manag. Technology 180
23. Maritime Manag. Technology 180
24. Financial Manag. Technology 180
25. Biomedical Technology 180
26. Ind. Physics 180
27. Ind. Chemistry 180
28. Biology 180
29. Mathematics 180
30. Science Laboratory 180
31. Statistics 180
32. Agric. Extension 180
33. Animal Science Technology 180
34. Crop Science Technology 180
35. Fishery & Aq. Technology 180
36. Forestory & Wildlife Technology 180
37. Soil Science Technology 180
38. Building Technology 180
39. Environmental Technology 180
40. Landscape Architectural Tech, 180
41. Quantity Surveying Tech. 180
42. Surveying & Geoinformatics 180
43. Urban & Regional Planning 180
FUTO Nature of Admission Screening
The Federal University of Technology Owerri holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are: SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status
About FUTO (Address and Locations)
The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) is a federal government university in Ihiagwa town, a 12-minute drive from Owerri, the capital of Imo State.